Assessment on Evidence for Learning
At Oakfield Park school have been working alongside West Leeds SILC to introduce "Learning Journeys" to assess our students without levels. We use the software "Evidence for Learning", which is IPad based, to capture evidence and assess it using a points score. There is also a traffic light system which records additional factors which can impact on our students progress.
English and Maths are assessed through a range of Journeys (see PDF documents below for more details)
Additional Learning Journey Pathways can run alongside the main Learning Journey the students are on.
- Stomping on - has a focus on behaviour which assesses our students with social, emotional and mental health needs in the same system. (BOXALL Profile statements have been integrated into this Learning Journey.)
- Marching on - has a focus on Independence - we are currently using Time and Money (Post 16 will be looking to further develop independence Journeys).
- SCERTS® Model is a research-based educational approach and multidisciplinary framework that directly addresses the core challenges faced by children and persons with ASD and related disabilities, and their families. SCERTS® focuses on building competence in Social Communication, Emotional Regulation and Transactional Support. (We have 1 class teacher currently looking further into this)
- PSHE - which is designed to record progress in a range of areas linked to our bespoke curriculum at Oakfield Park School
- VI - used to assess specific skills which our students with visual difficulties are working towards
It allows us as a school to decide which Learning Journey Pathway/s the students should be assessed on and from here we can monitor the progress the student makes.
Parents and carers can also add photos and video evidence to demonstrate learning at home. If you want to know more click here.
More information on the Learning Journey Pathways is in the PDF documents below: