Assessment on Evidence for Learning
At Oakfield Park school have been working alongside West Leeds SILC to introduce "Learning Journeys" to assess our students without levels. We use the software "Evidence for Learning", which is IPad based, to capture evidence and assess it using a points score. There is also a traffic light system which records additional factors which can impact on our students progress.
English and Maths are assessed through a range of Journeys (see PDF documents below for more details)
Additional Learning Journey Pathways can run alongside the main Learning Journey the students are on.
- Footsteps - evidences the smallest steps of progress which our students with PMLD make.
- Stepping out - evidences the next steps of progress which our SLD and sensory students make.
- Intensive interaction - evidences the small steps of communication and interaction which is hard to track for our non-verbal and pre-verbal students.
- Marching on - has a focus on Independence - Time, money, cooking, travel, personal care and work experience skills.
- SEB - Social, emotional and behaviour - We support students in developing the ability to socialise, regulate emotions and to develop ways to manage their own behaviour.
- PSHE - which is designed to record progress in a range of areas linked to our bespoke curriculum at Oakfield Park School
- VI - used to assess specific skills which our students with visual difficulties are working towards
- Physical - We evidence the physical progress all our students make.
Evidence for Learning allows us as a school to decide which Learning Journey Pathway/s the students should be assessed on and from here we can monitor the progress the student makes.
Parents and carers can also add photos and video evidence to demonstrate learning at home. If you want to know more click here.
More information on the Learning Journey Pathways is in the PDF documents below: